If they ever decide that the cross symbol needs to go I have a great idea for a new symbol of the Christian faith: NOTHING (representing all the negations: no one, nowhere, never, and so on…). Think about it, in a way it represents some of the most critical truths of Christianity. As Christians, who God has chosen and Christ has redeemed:
- What did we do to become right with God?
- What do we lack?
- What can separate us from the love of God?
- Where do we need to go to be in God’s presence?
- Who do we need to interact with God on our behalf?
- When are we alone?
And most importantly – the reason we have hope and joy and peace with God:
- On that first day of the week when the two women went to anoint Jesus’ body what did they find in the tomb?
Are you thankful for NOTHING? I sure am!